The Fifth edition of the Mentoring Initiative of the Network of Rural and Agrarian Studies (NRAS) was organised in collaboration with Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IITD). The Mentoring Initiative 2019 had two components:-
- An online component as part of which, selected participants received detailed feedback towards developing and refining a paper from their dissertation/thesis work.
- Mentoring Workshop at IIT Delhi on September 28, 2019 as part of which participants presented their final papers and received detailed feedback from a panel of scholars part of NRAS.
Scholars pursuing a Masters or Doctoral/Phd degree in research areas concerning rural and agrarian India could apply for this mentoring initiative. Preference were given to applicants from non-metro cities and those having done schooling through non-English medium.
- Step 1: Interested scholars had to apply by submitting an abstract (not more than 2 pages) and a short biography (250-300 words) here. Last date for application was May 20, 2019.
- Step 2: The list of successful applicantswas announced on May 31, 2019 and successful candidates were assigned and connected with their mentors.
- Step 3: The selected scholars submited a paper of upto 5000-6000 words by July 31, 2019.
- Step 4: Over the next two months (Aug-Sept) the mentors and mentees engaged in an iterative process where mentors provided inputs towards revision of the submitted paper and mentees revised the draft for finalisation.
- Step 5: Mentees presented the final paper during the Mentoring Workshop at IIT Delhi on Sept 28, 2019 where detailed feedback was provided by a panel of scholars from NRAS.
- Aniket Aga, Ashoka University
- A.R. Vasavi, Independent Scholar, Bengaluru
- M. Vijaybaskar, Madras Institute of Development Studies, Chennai
- P.S. Vijayshankar, Samaj Pragati Sahayog, Bagli, Madhya Pradesh
- Richa Kumar, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Siddharth, Independent Scholar, Bengaluru
- Prof Srijit Mishra, Nabakrushna Choudhury Centre for Development Studies, Bhubaneshwar
- Prof Shambhu Prasad, Insttute of Rural Management, Anand
Mentoring Workshop 2019 Poster/Flyer